My name is Mary Driemeyer. I have been teaching at Sappington Elementary for over 20 years. I have lost count at 20. My teaching assistant is Brooke Hadler. She was formally a teaching assistant at Wydown Middle School in Clayton. I am very excited to welcome back Sappington students and welcome new students to our Sappington family. This is a new beginning for us and I can not wait to see where it takes us.
My primary way of communication is via email- email@example.com and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/sappingtonpe/ Please "like" the Facebook page to see updates. Make sure your setting for the page is "Following" or "Notifications." It may give you the option for "highlights" or "all posts." Please choose "all posts" so you don't miss anything. Often you will not see posts if you do not adjust your settings. If you need help with this please let me know.
Please refer to the menu on right to learn more about a few of our special programs.
Here is a list of some of our special events, programs, units and unique offerings:
- Armband heart rate monitoring for 4th and 5th
- Wellness Room (new this year)
- Jump Rope for Heart
- Archery Club
- Go! St. Louis Read, Right and Run
- Girls on the Run (run by Sappington staff)
- Special obstacle courses/stations-Spooky Stations, Heart Obstacle Course, Outdoor Adventure/Water Safety Stations, Ninja Course (new), Holiday Activities, Outdoor Recreation Stations, Fire Combat/Safety Stations (new), Crazy Bowling and more
- Train Like an Astronaut (TLA) for 2nd and 3rd-this is a one of a kind program directly from NASA and supported by NASA. I went to Johnson Space Center in Houston. I met with astronauts, scientist, people who work in Mission Control and engineers. During the trip, I was able to work with NASA to revise the TLA program. I have taken what I have learned and used it in PE class. Kids love SPACE!!
- Sadly the district has discontinued inflatables at all the schools. It will only be offered at Summer Enrichment. The repair and labor of the inflatable have become too costly for the district.
- Have you seen our big, beautiful field! Students have enough room to use the field for recess and PE at the same time!
- Recess equipment check out.
- Tennis shoe check out
- and MORE
I believe in Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. If you have any unwanted fitness, sports or items you believe PE and recess could use please consider donating them. I am not requesting items be purchased but if you are planning to donate these items because you no longer have a use for them that would be great!
Here is a list of possible items:
- Water noodle ANY CONDITION
- Sports balls-any type
- Small fitness equipment like weights, bosu balls, exercise balls, mats (not large items like treadmills)
- Gymnastic or tumbling equipment
- Outdoor recreation items like corn hole, ladders, washers
- Storage bins
- Board Games (for classroom teacher-indoor recess)
- Cones, goals
- Balance boards, circus-type items
- Paddle, rackets, scoops
- Gently used tennis shoes and socks (prefer the tennis shoes not be gender specific but any shoe we can't use we donate).
- Kickboxing bags or Martial Arts items